Sunday, December 28, 2014

Dorothy Caldwell

A while ago I opened a few boards on Pinterest. I was motivated to get my new work on line since my out of date website required a programmer to update images. I have to design a new website (by the way, I have been saying this for 3 years).  Well, I found Pinterest really fascinating – I am on it everyday. What's great is I could review different kinds of art without any effort at all. No searching for galleries online hoping to discover kindred spirits in their artist lists. In fact, all I needed to do was to follow people that shared my aesthetic. They would pin many wonderful artists that I might have never encountered searching on my own.

One such discovery is Dorothy Caldwell. Her medium is textile and she lives and works in Hastings, Ontario, Canada. Her works are abstract and if you didn't look closely you might mistake them as paintings. They are not, her works are composed with dyed fabric and stitching that resembles painterly mark making. I find her work inspiring, so I thought I'll share some examples here. Let me know what you think.












No comments:

Post a Comment